Help & Support > Site

Thoughts of disabling GIFs as avatars / sigs.

<< < (7/7)

NekoJonez:
Okay... I keep them alive for now... If anyone has a complaint or something to add... I leave this open, for now.

PriomBlazer:

--- Quote from: NekoJonez on April 18, 2012, 06:18:25 PM ---Well... I have some issues with small gif avatar's like my previous one and Maccaman's... The page loads awfully slow or freezes for some seconds to load the gif.

--- Quote from: Light on April 18, 2012, 06:16:44 PM ---Animated avatars don't usually have a large file-size, so I don' think they'd be too much of a problem. If you want, couldn't you just add a rule that avatars and/or signatures can't be over a certain file-size?

--- End quote ---

There should be an option for that but ... you always could go host it somewhere else but it still doesn't take away the size problem.

--- End quote ---
Just stop using Internet explorer

NekoJonez:

--- Quote from: PriomBlazer on April 19, 2012, 12:24:36 PM ---
--- Quote from: NekoJonez on April 18, 2012, 06:18:25 PM ---Well... I have some issues with small gif avatar's like my previous one and Maccaman's... The page loads awfully slow or freezes for some seconds to load the gif.

--- Quote from: Light on April 18, 2012, 06:16:44 PM ---Animated avatars don't usually have a large file-size, so I don' think they'd be too much of a problem. If you want, couldn't you just add a rule that avatars and/or signatures can't be over a certain file-size?

--- End quote ---

There should be an option for that but ... you always could go host it somewhere else but it still doesn't take away the size problem.

--- End quote ---
Just stop using Internet explorer

--- End quote ---
Pardon me ... But I use the dev versions of Chrome.

marcy:
I don't think disabling gifs is needed.

Every user can disable sigs themself. Also loading images shouldn't really be a problem because images should go to the browser cache and are also read from there later. Only drawing the image by the browser might slow page load down.

Noob:
I say make it an option for users

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version