Author Topic: Pokemon competitive team lineup thread.  (Read 4674 times)

Offline Mr.PowPow

• Kerplunky-plunk
  • Attack: 95
    Defense: 97
    Attack Member
  • High Five Received: 1
  • It's a jungle out there! Do do do do do do do~
Pokemon competitive team lineup thread.
« on: August 26, 2012, 06:49:02 AM »
This thread is for posting your competitive team ideas for opinions on how to improve or simply just to show them off to others. Your team can be for any game (DP, BW or even the older gens if you wish, or a Pokemon MMO like PWO). You can write beside the pokemon their role in the team if you wish.

My one for PWO is currently:

Primeape (Primeape will be the fast and hard hitter, utilizing his speed he will be used to lay down some quick type effective damage)
Golbat (Golbat is also a speed orientated pokemon, used to inflict confuse on a pokemon before switching out to let another member dish out the damage)
Alakazam (He is just there to fuck shit up)
Ampharos (No tactic atm)
Golem  (No tactic atm)
Feraligatr (I don't even like this guy)

My one for Pokemon BW is currently:
(Non-Legend)
Metagross: Stealth Rocks will be the first action, then followed by physical moves which complement its boosted attack stat (Bullet Punch, Meteor Mash), while doing so it will also act as somewhat of a tank. (EV: Attack/HP)
Dragonite: Utilizing the Multiscale ability along with the item Leftovers, Dragonite will attempt to remain at full health and act as a very effective tank, also being a strong attacker with a large movepool, Dragonite will rely on STAB moves to demolish the enemy as they try to deal with Multiscale/Leftovers. (EV: Attack/Speed)
Liligant: Using Teeter dance, confusing the enemy. Then barraging the enemy with Petal Dance, added with the ability Own Tempo, Liligant will not be confused as a result of this three-turn attack, this makes Liligant a force to be reckoned with. (EV: SpecialAttack/HP)
Zoroark: Disguising himself as either Liligant or Dragonite, Zoroark will use his amazing speed and special attack to blitz the enemy with his Flamethrower or his STAB move if necessary,though his STAB move may blow his cover, as only he can learn it. (EV: SpecialAttack/Speed)
Alakazam: He is just here to fuck shit up. (EV: SpecialAttack/Speed)
Tyranitar : Tyranitar is more of a last resort, his endurance and nifty Sandstorm may turn the tide of battle in his favor, should I find myself in a bad situation. His plethora of physical attacks, boosted by his already high Attack stat should be sufficient to make his last stand with the enemy and secure victory. (EV: HP/Defence)

(Legednary)

Arceus (typing is subject to change)
Mewtwo (Mewtwo is quite a simple but effective member of the team, equipped with various type moves to give him the edge against various opponents, all of which are Special Attack moves, which coupled with his amazing stat in that area will guarantee to give even the most effective Tank a hard time. This is the most powerful sweeper in the team, especially when utilizing its STAB.
Kyogre
Mew
Regigigas
Darkrai

« Last Edit: August 26, 2012, 08:32:36 AM by EvaKerplunk » »

Offline Swagmaster

• Roleplayin' Clan
  • Attack: 111
    Defense: 111
    Attack Member
  • High Five Received: 10
  • Cuz Why Not?
Re: Pokemon competitive team lineup thread.
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2012, 07:52:58 AM »
Palkia - Badass
Dialga - Badass
Giratina - Badass
Dragonite - I love it's moves
Blaziken - I'm dedicated to it since I raised it as a Torchic from Ruby
Raticate - Am I really the only man in the universe who loves ratata/raticate?

Offline Light

• Global Moderator
  • Attack: 100
    Defense: 100
    Attack Member
  • High Five Received: 20
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2012, 08:10:27 AM »
My competitive BW team:

Hippowdon: He's my lead, bringing in a sandstorm along with him. He's able to take a lot of hits while dishing out some moderate damage with his STAB Earthquake. Basically a physical tank.
Garchomp: Garchomp usually goes after Hippowdon, as his Sand Veil ability increases his evasion in a sandstorm which is always a nice thing. He hits hard and fast with his STAB Dragon Rush/Dragon Claw and Earthquake. Basically a physical sweeper.
Nidoking: I gave him various moves to counter several types that might come his way. He also has Earth Power, which is a powerful STAB move. And all of this powered up by Sheer Force makes him a pretty good revenge special sweeper.
Lilligant: Pretty much the same strategy as Eva's: Teeter, Petal Dance + Own Tempo, rinse and repeat. Basically a special sweeper.
Milotic: Milotic acts as my second tank, with good defense and special defense. She also holds Leftovers and can heal herself with Aqua Ring. Besides Aqua Ring, she knows Dragon Tail, which switches the opponent's pokemon with a different one in his/her team.
Dragonite: He acts as a mixed sweeper in my team, but he's mostly there because he's one of my favorite pokemon. =D

Probably still needs a lot of tweaks though, since I haven't actually had the chance to test this team out online.

Offline Mr.PowPow

• Kerplunky-plunk
    Attack Member
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2012, 08:14:39 AM »
Light, your team sounds like it would do really well online. Very well planned out :p

Offline Light

• Global Moderator
    Attack Member
« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2012, 08:27:15 AM »
Thanks, man. I'm itching to try it out but my internet is too shitty to get online. :/

I don't know if you've heard, but there's this infamous FEAR Rattata setup, which almost guarantees taking out one of your opponent's pokemon. I always hated running into one of those. Hell, I even ran into several in one team. >_>

Offline Mr.PowPow

• Kerplunky-plunk
    Attack Member
« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2012, 08:37:27 AM »
Thanks, man. I'm itching to try it out but my internet is too shitty to get online. :/

I don't know if you've heard, but there's this infamous FEAR Rattata setup, which almost guarantees taking out one of your opponent's pokemon. I always hated running into one of those. Hell, I even ran into several in one team. >_>
Well, if you ever find yourself with good net and still wanna try it out, I'm all for a battle.

(Also, I edited my tactics a bit. It sounded a little slapdash.)

In regards to the FEAR Rattata, I have encountered a few myself. But its better not to attack and just switch to a ghost pokemon that it can't hit, or just use a confuse ray and let it kill itself.

Offline Swagmaster

• Roleplayin' Clan
  • Attack: 111
    Defense: 111
    Attack Member
  • High Five Received: 10
  • Cuz Why Not?
« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2012, 01:24:51 PM »
Wait explain to me this FEAR rattata

Offline Light

• Global Moderator
    Attack Member
« Reply #7 on: August 26, 2012, 02:02:42 PM »
A FEAR Rattata is a Rattata that knows the moves Endeavor and Quick Attack. It also holds a Focus Sash.

The way it works is that you keep it at a really low level so that any damaging move will reduce it's HP to 1, with the effect of the Focus Sash. Since it'll almost definitely be slower than the opponent, on the same turn it gets damaged, it uses Endeavor to cut down the opponent's HP to equal it's own, which is 1. If the opponent is brave enough to attack again the next turn, all the Rattata needs to do is use Quick Attack to take it down. If the opponent switches out, then you've still pretty much crippled one of his/her pokemon.

It can also be used as a kind of intimidation tool because the more experienced competitive players will almost definitely immediately switch out at the sight of it.

Offline Muffin

• Kerplunky-plunk
  • Attack: 25
    Defense: 25
    Attack Member
  • High Five Received: 16
« Reply #8 on: August 26, 2012, 03:45:31 PM »
But wait, can't somebody just make a whole team of FEAR rattatas and ultimately destroy any team?

Offline Cupcake Fury

• Supersonic Hyper Omega Gigadeath
    Attack Member
  • High Five Received: 7
  • Yoooooooo
« Reply #9 on: August 26, 2012, 03:54:42 PM »
If all your pokemon know Quick Attack or a move that will hit first then FEAR Ratata is basically rendered useless.
Pokemon Ruby
Swampert lvl 92 (hes a really high lvl cause I was doing the One Pokemon Challenge and am now raising a team post game)
Salamence lvl 50
Metagross lvl 46
Breloom lvl 45
Shedinja lvl 36
If you have any suggestions I would love to hear em as I still need one more pokemon, I was thinking of milotic but since my internal battery is dry it will be very difficult >.>

Offline Muffin

• Kerplunky-plunk
  • Attack: 25
    Defense: 25
    Attack Member
  • High Five Received: 16
« Reply #10 on: August 26, 2012, 03:56:56 PM »
If all your pokemon know Quick Attack or a move that will hit first then FEAR Ratata is basically rendered useless.
Pokemon Ruby
Swampert lvl 92 (hes a really high lvl cause I was doing the One Pokemon Challenge and am now raising a team post game)
Salamence lvl 50
Metagross lvl 46
Breloom lvl 45
Shedinja lvl 36
If you have any suggestions I would love to hear em as I still need one more pokemon, I was thinking of milotic but since my internal battery is dry it will be very difficult >.>
I recommend a fire type pokemon.

Offline Cupcake Fury

Attack Member
  • Yoooooooo
« Reply #11 on: August 26, 2012, 03:59:43 PM »
Which one..
I would prefer no legendarys in my team as I'm not building a legendary team. (Current legendarys I have are, Rayquaza, Groudon, Registeel, Regirock.)

Offline Light

• Global Moderator
    Attack Member
« Reply #12 on: August 26, 2012, 04:13:03 PM »
But wait, can't somebody just make a whole team of FEAR rattatas and ultimately destroy any team?

Like Eva said, ghost type pokemon would render them useless, since normal type moves have no effect on ghost type pokemon. All it'd take to beat a whole team of FEAR rattatas is just one ghost type pokemon. Flinching, confusing or putting them to sleep would also work, but it would have to be done on the first move, otherwise they'd still get you with Endeavor. First-priority damaging moves are useful for dispatching the Rattatas, but you'd still get hit with Endeavor in the end.

Which one..
I would prefer no legendarys in my team as I'm not building a legendary team. (Current legendarys I have are, Rayquaza, Groudon, Registeel, Regirock.)

Blaziken would be a good choice for a fire-type if you can get a hold of one. Otherwise, maybe a Camerupt? I would also suggest switching Swampert with Milotic if you can get your hands on one of these as well. And maybe switch Shedinja with Ninjask.

Offline Cupcake Fury

Attack Member
  • Yoooooooo
« Reply #13 on: August 26, 2012, 04:16:21 PM »
As I said since my battery is dried it would be pretty damn hard.
Blaziken would be hard as my sister is pretty agaisnt resetting her sapphire x:
Wouldnt Shedinja be better cause of wonder guard?

Offline Mr.PowPow

• Kerplunky-plunk
    Attack Member
« Reply #14 on: August 26, 2012, 04:21:57 PM »
Don't let Shedinja fool you into believing its a good pokemon, it isn't.....in any way.
All you need is for your opponent to have a few different type'd moves and you are most likely screwed, as one of them will be super effective. He also has terrible stats and a rather basic movepool. Definitely change it. At least its brother Ninjask is among the fastest pokemon in the game and can deploy a good few strategies using its speed.

Also Blaziken has almost been regarded as an Uber, so I would greatly advise that you try and get one lol
« Last Edit: August 26, 2012, 04:24:14 PM by EvaKerplunk » »

Offline Light

• Global Moderator
    Attack Member
« Reply #15 on: August 26, 2012, 04:24:03 PM »

Even with Wonder Guard, Shedinja can still die from other causes such as status and weather effects. Also bug/ghost is weak against, like, 5 types.

Ninjask can Baton Pass it's speed boosts and maybe a swords dance or two to Metagross, making it really fast and even more powerful than it already is.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2012, 04:25:33 PM by Light » »

Offline Cupcake Fury

Attack Member
  • Yoooooooo
« Reply #16 on: August 26, 2012, 04:24:10 PM »
Ill try to buy emerald, prolly will get it in a few months knowing my luck.

Even with Wonder Guard, Shedinja can still die from other causes such as status and weather effects. Also bug/ghost is weak against, like, 5 types.
What types excatly and I know it can die from status/ weather. Kinda shitty

Offline Light

• Global Moderator
    Attack Member
« Reply #17 on: August 27, 2012, 01:22:23 PM »
What types excatly

Fire, Rock, Flying, Ghost, and Dark.

Offline Cupcake Fury

Attack Member
  • Yoooooooo
« Reply #18 on: August 27, 2012, 01:46:23 PM »
Got numel, almost evolved, what should I replace shedinja with?
Absol or some shit?

Offline Light

• Global Moderator
    Attack Member
« Reply #19 on: August 27, 2012, 02:19:16 PM »
Got numel, almost evolved, what should I replace shedinja with?
Absol or some shit?

And maybe switch Shedinja with Ninjask.
Ninjask can Baton Pass it's speed boosts and maybe a swords dance or two to Metagross, making it really fast and even more powerful than it already is.

Offline Cupcake Fury

Attack Member
  • Yoooooooo
« Reply #20 on: August 27, 2012, 02:21:51 PM »
Idgaf about speed, I just care of tanking and dealing out massive damage.

Offline Light

• Global Moderator
    Attack Member
« Reply #21 on: August 27, 2012, 03:42:00 PM »
Well, if you want another sweeper, you should get one with high special attack since you don't seem to have one in your team yet. Gengar and Alakazam are the more common ones.

Offline Cupcake Fury

Attack Member
  • Yoooooooo
« Reply #22 on: August 27, 2012, 04:13:34 PM »
Probably will go for gengar as I have metagross

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal