Roleplay Tips Thread

<< < (4/9) > >>

NekoJonez:
For me it really depends on which words you choose. Like:

"That's very kind of you."

is better then

"That's kind of you."

Mr.PowPow:

--- Quote from: NekoJonez on May 16, 2012, 05:57:38 PM ---For me it really depends on which words you choose. Like:

is better then

"That's kind of you."

--- End quote ---
True, but if you add.

Jack placed his hands on the ground and pushed himself off the dusty floor, his trembling legs slowly gaining rigidity as they held him up straight. Soon he was standing upright and locked eyes with the figure in front of him, who was holding one of his possessions and proceeded to hand it to him.
"Thats very kind of you" Jack remarked.

I just think description adds more life to it.

BloodcatNS:
I remember NekoBot posting something about a two word phrase filled with strong emotions.

"He died".

NekoJonez:

--- Quote from: Mr.PowPow on May 16, 2012, 06:02:00 PM ---
--- Quote from: NekoJonez on May 16, 2012, 05:57:38 PM ---For me it really depends on which words you choose. Like:

is better then

"That's kind of you."

--- End quote ---
True, but if you add.

Jack placed his hands on the ground and pushed himself off the dusty floor, his trembling legs slowly gaining rigidity as they held him up straight. Soon he was standing upright and locked eyes with the figure in front of him, who was holding one of his possessions and proceeded to hand it to him.
"Thats very kind of you" Jack remarked.

I just think description adds more life to it.

--- End quote ---
(This discussion between veteran RP'ers is so handy for the new comers... They see different styles :P)

Agreed... But I like more that the reader can fill it in more by just giving the really basic information.

Mr.PowPow:
Well like I said before, it works for me. But I'm not saying everyone should use it, but some may want to. So long as people still feel apart of the RP, its all good :p

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version