Gaming > Sony

The Last of Us

(1/2) > >>

Swagmaster:
***WARNING: THERE MAY BE SPOILERS***

This is a discussion thread for anybody who has played the game. Anybody who hasn't, and plans to, may not wanna look into this thread, as spoilers may be given. Anybody who hasn't played, and can't, but wants to know what happens, feel free to join and ask questions.

My thoughts on the game:

(click to show/hide)The game was great. I loved every last bit of it. BUT, I just can't stand that ending. I mean, it was good, but COME ON!!! YTF WOULD YOU LIE TO HER??? I hated the Fireflies for not giving Ellie a choice, but I hated Joel for doing the same right after. I mean he killed the 30-something possibly last remaining fireflies and doomed the entire mankind. WTFFF??? And then he SWORE to Ellie that everything he said was true.

senpai_FisT:
Now I haven't played this game, but I've seen a youtube playthrough this game. I find the ending to be quite good. "Good" from a storytelling perspective, I don't know how it is from a moral position and I do not care.

He wanted the last thing that reminded him of his daughter, and that was Ellie. If he were to give Ellie to the fireflies, that would be ruining the whole game's worth of character development for Joel. From a design point of view, you are not Joel, you simply play as him. He has a strong character of his own and set of morals, which may differ from the player's.

BloodcatNS:
(click to show/hide)As far as I know, for good Cordycep breeding grounds, there has to be tight enclosed spaces. Have you ever noticed that? No infected is ever encountered in the wilderness.

The "doomed mankind" part you're saying is an exaggeration. Tommy's self-sufficient settlement proves that mankind can stand up to its feet again. It was never about mankind to begin with. Give me one person who actually cared about mankind. Sadly, not Marlene. She's just desperate as any other survivors out there. Nah, everything was about surviving. They were not "shitty people", like Tess said nor are they "good". They're survivors and nothing more.

Joel isn't a "good" person as he is "evil". He's just trying to survive. With a crapsack world, the only thing closest to morality he has is his constant seeking of something to live for. Questionable, yes. But very understandable.

And I do think that Ellie knew he lied. She just needed him enough resist the idea of leaving him.
"Everyone I have cared for has either died or left me, fucking except for you!"

NekoJonez:

--- Quote from: Austin on June 29, 2013, 03:55:13 AM ---***WARNING: THERE MAY BE SPOILERS***

--- End quote ---

Off-Topic:Use the spoiler tag for that. Okaythxbye

Mr.PowPow:

--- Quote from: NekoJonez on July 06, 2013, 10:43:01 PM ---
--- Quote from: Austin on June 29, 2013, 03:55:13 AM ---***WARNING: THERE MAY BE SPOILERS***

--- End quote ---

Off-Topic:Use the spoiler tag for that. Okaythxbye
--- End quote ---
After that he stated that the thread is for people who played the game, so its a spoiler thread. Using spoilers is redundant.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version