Gaming > Sony

Toaster Friendly PS2 Game Recommendations

(1/2) > >>

Princess:
Can someone recommend me some nice PS2 games that can be emulated on a weak computer?
And preferably non-action games and games that do not use the dpad
I'm not good at action games and the xbox 360 controller's dpad is terrible

Since I'm not entirely sure what are the specs of my shitty prebuild PC I shall list some games I tried and my experience with them

Dragon Quest V works great with no slowdown except for that one scene
Shin Megami Tensei Nocturn works ok with abit of slowdown during some scenes and attacks,but its something I can live with
Namco X Capcom works fine
Mana Khemia 2,Ar Tonelico 2 and  Atelier Iris 3 all works with pretty much no slowdown
Super Robot Wars α3 works fine except for certain attacks causing slowdowns

Dennou Senki Virtual On slowdowns alot, probably cause its a PC emulating a PS2 emulating a Sega Saturn
Dragon Quest VIII slowdowns alot too
Odin Sphere plays like its in perma slomo

I don't mind games not in english as long as they are not RPGs since I don't fancy trying to find an NPC while I have no idea who I'm suppose to find

I don't mind fantranslations even if they have bugs as long as it isn't bad and/or inconsistant
(I'm looking at you Namco X Capcom and your shitty fantranslation.)

Light:
Can't say I know many good PS2 games that fit your criteria.

Have you tried optimizing the settings for low end PCs? Tried using any speed hacks yet?

Princess:
I'm not really familiar with emulators so I don't really know how to optimize the settings

All of the recommended speedhacks are on

Light:
You're using PCSX2 right? You can try using my settings if you want, which are supposed to be optimized for shitty PCs like my laptop. I haven't really tested any heavy games so YMMV, although you can always revert back if they somehow make things worse.

Caster no Mae:
Ever Tried Persona 4?

Since its mostly Text based, it might not lag all that much

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version