Author Topic: One line anger  (Read 521100 times)

Offline Rora

• Arpegiator
  • Attack: 100
    Defense: 100
    Attack Member
  • High Five Received: 22
  • Malideiter
Re: One line anger
« Reply #2300 on: April 29, 2014, 02:33:22 AM »
Yeah, I know what ya mean. So many good artists out there, but I can't color to save my skin.

Honestly, I'd rather like line art better, but usually to remedy the situation, I like to look at tutorials to make my situation a biiiiiit better~
I just get sooo frustrated and jealous and angry, I angst way too much and wind up never even trying anymore. :c
I'm really, honestly attempting to get back into drawing but ughhhh it's so haaaard
it probably doesn't help that the character I chose to draw has a ridiculously complicated outfit HAHA OOPS (but really, everyone has a ridiculously complicated outfit in the Baten Kaitos series, it kind of blows my mind)

I should really use references more... I always just eyeball everything, but a pose reference can REALLY help. As it is now, all I use references for are outfits/hairstyles/colors. Clothes are so hard to draw -shakes fist-

I guess I can admit that I at least DO like my line art, despite my lack of actual skill. It's probably the thing I do best, but... at the same time, that isn't actually saying much, considering how downright TERRIBLE I am at literally everything else u_u

Offline Sir Shota

• Intellectual Elite
    Attack Member
  • High Five Received: 7
  • I Love My Darling~~<3
      • Missing in Action
« Reply #2301 on: April 29, 2014, 02:58:00 AM »
Yeah, I know what ya mean. So many good artists out there, but I can't color to save my skin.

Honestly, I'd rather like line art better, but usually to remedy the situation, I like to look at tutorials to make my situation a biiiiiit better~
I just get sooo frustrated and jealous and angry, I angst way too much and wind up never even trying anymore. :c
I'm really, honestly attempting to get back into drawing but ughhhh it's so haaaard
it probably doesn't help that the character I chose to draw has a ridiculously complicated outfit HAHA OOPS (but really, everyone has a ridiculously complicated outfit in the Baten Kaitos series, it kind of blows my mind)

I should really use references more... I always just eyeball everything, but a pose reference can REALLY help. As it is now, all I use references for are outfits/hairstyles/colors. Clothes are so hard to draw -shakes fist-

I guess I can admit that I at least DO like my line art, despite my lack of actual skill. It's probably the thing I do best, but... at the same time, that isn't actually saying much, considering how downright TERRIBLE I am at literally everything else u_u
Ah, I see. Clothes and poses are really frustrating and I admit to using references to almost everything nowadays, but only until I get the ability to draw clothes and poses from scratch, whenever that is.

And I as well usually give up after drawing one thing for countless hours, but to be honest, it's actually rather fun, so I can learn from my mistakes.

And hey, a good way to look at it is to try and line over any finished line art you have over and over and over again. I've done that before, and it helps me with proportion and placements of objects and such.

Offline NekoBot

• Arpegiator
  • Attack: 154
    Defense: 96
    Attack Member
  • High Five Received: -66
  • A shadow of the past
« Reply #2302 on: April 29, 2014, 03:30:07 AM »
I can't draw for shit, but I still put my shit here:

http://www.arpegi.be/index.php/topic,1130.0.html
« Last Edit: April 29, 2014, 05:55:05 AM by NekoBot » »

Offline Rora

• Arpegiator
    Attack Member
  • Malideiter
« Reply #2303 on: April 29, 2014, 05:09:30 AM »
Ah, I see. Clothes and poses are really frustrating and I admit to using references to almost everything nowadays, but only until I get the ability to draw clothes and poses from scratch, whenever that is.

And I as well usually give up after drawing one thing for countless hours, but to be honest, it's actually rather fun, so I can learn from my mistakes.

And hey, a good way to look at it is to try and line over any finished line art you have over and over and over again. I've done that before, and it helps me with proportion and placements of objects and such.
I think I'm getting better at poses, and for the most part I think I'm doing pretty well with proportion (considering I freehand everything without references anyway), but clothes continue to elude me. I just can't wrap my head around how to actually draw fabric.

Overall though, I'd have to say it's a good thing that I'm liking my drawings more. I'm mostly happy with how the one I'm slowly working on is coming out, and I think that's a big step for me. I'm used to hating everything I do, ever. u_u I get upset way too easily.

At some point, drawing stopped being fun for me. And that's a big part of the problem, I think.

-complains forever about everything-

(also that turtle is adorable NekoBot)

Offline NekoJonez

• Administrator
  • Attack: 104
    Attack Member
  • High Five Received: 21
  • Look, I'm on a Gameboy.
      • My gaming life.
« Reply #2304 on: April 29, 2014, 12:28:33 PM »
REALLY getting frustrated with this drawing. I can't ever seem to be happy with anything I manage, and somehow the LEAST complicated parts are giving me the most trouble. I'm obsessing way too much over little details, whyyyyy

-irritated sigh-
Ah man, reminds me of me, always constantly going over and going over the little details without doing the contour first. I can't help it, I just wanna make things look pretty immediately for some reason.
I know you can't truly compare it but I have that when I'm writing an article or a story. I can't draw. Well, I can... somewhat, but the results aren't what they are supposed to be.

I more adore playing with words. Writing down what you guys draw. Basically write a backstory to drawings or come up with stuff on my own. Sir Shota can confirm that I'm (sort of) good in creating stories.

Anyways, we did had various arguments while we wrote a story together in the past. And I admit that a certain pride played a part there. When sometimes things didn't happen how I saw them, I got mad. Like you Rora on the drawing now. When I couldn't write a part that didn't work out or when something happened I couldn't predict or changed things too much... Yeah, I get annoyed. But let's not talk too much about what happened in the past between me and Smashy ^w^ Those things have been patched up and such. I was just talking about it as an example.

As messy as I said it... I think I can relate. Trying to create something and when it doesn't work out, frustration bombs!

Offline Sir Shota

• Intellectual Elite
    Attack Member
  • I Love My Darling~~<3
      • Missing in Action
« Reply #2305 on: April 29, 2014, 12:36:17 PM »

I think I'm getting better at poses, and for the most part I think I'm doing pretty well with proportion (considering I freehand everything without references anyway), but clothes continue to elude me. I just can't wrap my head around how to actually draw fabric.

Overall though, I'd have to say it's a good thing that I'm liking my drawings more. I'm mostly happy with how the one I'm slowly working on is coming out, and I think that's a big step for me. I'm used to hating everything I do, ever. u_u I get upset way too easily.

At some point, drawing stopped being fun for me. And that's a big part of the problem, I think.

-complains forever about everything-

(also that turtle is adorable NekoBot)
Hey, someday you'll get to the point where drawing is fun again. I think so too for myself, and any of my other artist friends. I agree, it is really frustrating to try and try again, but with just some time, it can start to become rather enjoyable looking at your mistakes and fixing them up, as if you're learning something new. If not, then again, you'll get there, only with some patience and a clear mind.

And I too am guilty of getting angry at myself easily as well, but as a suggestion, maybe listen to some hard rock or Metallica to get that anger out. Helped me with my Comic Book Cover recently. But other than that, good luck out there, and I'd actually like to at least see the finished outcome of the line art~

Offline NekoJonez

• Administrator
    Attack Member
      • My gaming life.
« Reply #2306 on: April 29, 2014, 12:39:06 PM »
I got an assignment that includes drawing. I have to say, you feel awkward when you see friends of yours draw things easily and you don't have the "feel" / skill to do so.

Offline Rora

• Arpegiator
    Attack Member
  • Malideiter
« Reply #2307 on: April 30, 2014, 03:23:27 AM »
Writing is a form of art just as much as drawing is, I'd say. I sort of write myself, mostly while RPing with my original characters. I don't think I'm much good at actually coming up with stories or plots, though. It's always frustrating when things don't come out the way you like/want/imagine.

Hey, someday you'll get to the point where drawing is fun again.
Yeah, I'm really hoping this will turn out to be the case. x_x;
Looking at my older artwork is downright painful, lmao. Not to mention embarrassing as all hell. But it's kind of fun in its own way too. :P
And yeah, I always listen to music that fits my mood. As counterproductive as it sounds, listening to really sad stuff when I'm depressed actually helps. Also, thanks! I have no idea when (or even if, let's be honest here) I'll finish the line art of the drawing I've been working on, but I'll totally show you whenever that happens to be! So... complicated... guhh his other arm is going to be sooooo hard whyyy

I got an assignment that includes drawing. I have to say, you feel awkward when you see friends of yours draw things easily and you don't have the "feel" / skill to do so.
I know that feeling wayyyyy too well. :c One of my ex-best-friends was always way better at drawing than me, and her girlfriend was EVEN BETTER than that. I think a lot of my issues with my art (among other things) start with her... ughhh she turned into such a horrible person >:(

Offline Swagmaster

• Roleplayin' Clan
  • Attack: 111
    Defense: 111
    Attack Member
  • High Five Received: 10
  • Cuz Why Not?
« Reply #2308 on: April 30, 2014, 03:33:17 AM »
I don't know what's worse, living in fear of rejection or living, knowing you've been rejected

Offline senpai_FisT

• Übermensch
    Attack Member
  • High Five Received: 15
  • can'twakeup.png
      • Rock'n'RollFisto!
« Reply #2309 on: April 30, 2014, 08:35:02 AM »
I just played Killzone. Dear GabeN what a train wreck, the game doesn't even run at 30 fps.

Offline NekoJonez

• Administrator
    Attack Member
      • My gaming life.
« Reply #2310 on: April 30, 2014, 10:08:26 AM »
Such weird body, much confusion.

Yeah, using memes in a bad way.

Anyways, dear body.... Please make up your fucking mind. Don't be sick at mornings and fine in evenings. >.> <.< What the hell is wrong with you?.

Offline TyranBrûlée

• Supersonic Hyper Omega Gigadeath
  • Attack: 0
    Defense: 1
    Attack Member
  • お尻とおっぱいお尻とおっぱい
« Reply #2311 on: April 30, 2014, 10:53:35 AM »
Memo to self:
Please go to sleep and stop being distracted. Right now, you little shitface. Ty <3

Offline Rora

• Arpegiator
    Attack Member
  • Malideiter
« Reply #2312 on: May 01, 2014, 12:30:38 AM »
I'm so upset and anxious that I feel sick. I feel like I'm on the edge of a breakdown and I don't know what to do. I can't stop crying and I feel so helpless and hopeless and have nowhere to turn. I can't live like this, I feel like I'm losing my mind and I just can't stand it

Offline NekoBot

• Arpegiator
    Attack Member
  • A shadow of the past
« Reply #2313 on: May 01, 2014, 12:45:20 AM »
People with their stupid fucking bullshit

Offline Rora

• Arpegiator
    Attack Member
  • Malideiter
« Reply #2314 on: May 02, 2014, 12:02:49 AM »
so fucking upset and pissed off about shit i can't change
i don't think i'll ever be able to get over this
IT'S NOT FUCKING FAIR SFHSIDFHGISGHARGHgjs :fjsdlkgjlhdfkhlohjr

Offline Kiss x Miz

• Administrator
  • Attack: 95
    Defense: 94
    Attack Member
  • High Five Received: 23
  • eh
      • Arpegi
« Reply #2315 on: May 02, 2014, 12:05:25 AM »
so fucking upset and pissed off about shit i can't change
i don't think i'll ever be able to get over this
IT'S NOT FUCKING FAIR SFHSIDFHGISGHARGHgjs :fjsdlkgjlhdfkhlohjr
Stuff will chaaange, just be a little open to other ideeeeeas. Take things one step at a time. Miracles don't happen that often.

Offline Rora

• Arpegiator
    Attack Member
  • Malideiter
« Reply #2316 on: May 02, 2014, 12:10:19 AM »
Not this. This is something that can't and won't change. And nothing can fix it. I'm trapped between anger and depression and I don't think I can ever accept it

Offline TyranBrûlée

• Supersonic Hyper Omega Gigadeath
  • Attack: 0
    Defense: 1
    Attack Member
  • お尻とおっぱいお尻とおっぱい
« Reply #2317 on: May 02, 2014, 01:21:12 AM »
I'm trapped between anger and depression
Oh look, something that has been accepted, changed, and fixed for me.
It can happen and will if you allow it to.
Yeah, it's hella difficult, but it is, in no way, impossible. It is very possible.

Offline Sir Shota

• Intellectual Elite
    Attack Member
  • I Love My Darling~~<3
      • Missing in Action
« Reply #2318 on: May 02, 2014, 02:39:26 AM »
I finally get to sit down and play this game, but then suddenly, everyone in the fucking world wants to bother me. Jeeez.....

Offline NekoJonez

• Administrator
    Attack Member
      • My gaming life.
« Reply #2319 on: May 03, 2014, 01:39:47 PM »
I'm close to getting flipping tables mad! Yes, THAT pissed off. Since my college doesn't have a proper server, I can't even upload my shit v.V And if this makes it that I can't do my intern... Oh lords, that is going to make a bomb explode.

Offline NekoBot

• Arpegiator
    Attack Member
  • A shadow of the past
« Reply #2320 on: May 03, 2014, 01:49:35 PM »
I can't plan anything until any given tuesday after 4pm :c

Offline NekoBot

• Arpegiator
    Attack Member
  • A shadow of the past
« Reply #2321 on: May 03, 2014, 01:56:00 PM »
Games that give achievements to arbitrarily extend the game life :c (like... beat a 12hour game 10 times or whatever or kill 200k enemies in a game where only 144k exist in a game)

Offline Rora

• Arpegiator
    Attack Member
  • Malideiter
« Reply #2322 on: May 03, 2014, 08:46:04 PM »
Games that give achievements to arbitrarily extend the game life :c (like... beat a 12hour game 10 times or whatever or kill 200k enemies in a game where only 144k exist in a game)

Star Ocean 4 says hi
-stares at the Battle Trophies- :|

Offline Arikado

• Arpegiator
  • Attack: 201
    Defense: 130
    Attack Member
  • High Five Received: 5
« Reply #2323 on: May 04, 2014, 04:47:15 AM »
The media and their stupid fucking sheep.

Offline Swagmaster

• Roleplayin' Clan
  • Attack: 111
    Defense: 111
    Attack Member
  • High Five Received: 10
  • Cuz Why Not?
« Reply #2324 on: May 04, 2014, 07:34:04 AM »
Just cuz I'm not an attention whore doesn't mean I have to be ignored

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal