Author Topic: Nintendo Power & Nintendo Gamer shut-down.  (Read 2478 times)

Offline NekoJonez

• Administrator
  • Attack: 104
    Defense: 100
    Attack Member
  • High Five Received: 21
  • Look, I'm on a Gameboy.
      • My gaming life.
Nintendo Power & Nintendo Gamer shut-down.
« on: September 01, 2012, 04:45:45 PM »
Future Publishing pulls plug on Nintendo Gamer magazine after 20 years in print

Just as North America will be bidding farewell to Nintendo Power later this December, Nintendo fans in the UK must put Nintendo Gamer behind them as Future Publishing confirms it will no longer be printing the PAL region's only unofficial magazine for Nintendo platforms.  The demise of Nintendo Gamer as a print mag is effective as of the October issue hitting newstands on September 6th.

Nintendo Gamer first emerged as Super-Play in 1992, and has evolved throughout its twenty years in print alongside Nintendo's console platforms.  While Future will no longer be publishing Nintendo Gamer as an independent print magazine, the publication will continue to exist in its online format for the usual news and reviews.  Existing staff from the print edition will be transferred to other positions within Future.

Nintendo Gamer readers who still have subscription to the magazine after the last issue hits next week can opt to receive Official Nintendo Magazine for the remainder of their subscription period, or they can request a refund.  Official Nintendo Magazine, also from Future, has so far escaped the fate which fell upon Nintendo Power and Nintendo Gamer.

;_; Dang it... This makes me as a big ass Nintendo fan pretty sad...

Offline Mr.PowPow

• Kerplunky-plunk
  • Attack: 95
    Defense: 97
    Attack Member
  • High Five Received: 1
  • It's a jungle out there! Do do do do do do do~
Re: Nintendo Power & Nintendo Gamer shut-down.
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2012, 05:02:02 PM »
did you even used to read this mag?

Offline NekoJonez

• Administrator
  • Attack: 104
    Attack Member
  • High Five Received: 21
  • Look, I'm on a Gameboy.
      • My gaming life.
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2012, 05:24:47 PM »
I have a few Nintendo Power's but I am afraid that my version of the magazine is gonna follow.

Offline Jonno

• Arpegiator
  • Attack: 100
    Attack Member
  • High Five Received: 0
  • has the dynamo of volition
      • ZEJ Roleplaying
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2012, 08:01:40 PM »
Ah jeez, what a blow to the childhood. Nintendo Power and N Gamer hold a legacy in many generations of big ass Nintendo fans' hearts, so it's going to suck to see them both go. I myself started with Nintendo Power as soon as I was able to read, which funnily enough was like a year after I had my hands wrapped around my first game controller at four-ish. With the advent of internet journalism, this was bound to happen, but it's still sad for the nostalgic benefit of it all.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal