Creative > Creations

Skyrim Roleplay LP - The Travels of the Last Dragonborn

<< < (4/4)

devon:
Back to OP

Entry #1: Sleeping Giant Inn, Riverwood
17th of Last Seed, 4E201

By Arkay, today was the day I should have died. By my own damned luck I had been seized attempting to cross the border into Skyrim during a completely unrelated incident. Unfortunately for me the incident was the Imperial capture of Jarl Ulfic Stormcloak of Windhelm, the leader of the Stormcloak Rebellion. I was carted off along with a horse thief and two carts of Stormcloak soldiers with the talk being we would all be tried in Cyrodiil. The thought for me at the time was that I’d be able to explain my story and maybe get away with a bit of jail time, for whatever reason though we ended up turning towards a small town called Helgen.

The imperials had ordered our executions - there would be no fair trial. While the horse thief next to me panicked, I had all but reserved to my fate; I didn’t know if I had done enough in life to warrant the entry into Sovngarde, but I would have died in my homeland, which is more than I could possibly ask for in this situation.

The machinations of Akatosh must have been working to my personal favour in a twisted way. My head was resting on the block, which in turn gave me the best view of the Dragon that swooped down and attacked the town! I managed to escape the carnage, but I saw many more worthy people fall to the beast and I myself ended a few lives in the escape. I followed the one man I felt I could trust; a Stormcloak Soldier named Ralof through the underground pathways under Helgen Keep.

While I wasn’t expecting a grand welcoming into my homeland, I didn’t expect to be beheaded as well. My name wasn’t even on the list; but I guess the people on the carts - for better or worse - were just another formality to the imperials. I got that bitch captain though – I’m wearing her armor in fact. Slaughtered a few extra imperials as well, just to work off a little frustration.

I am currently hiding out in Riverwood. I don’t know how long I can hang low, but tomorrow I plan on working at the mill with Ralof’s brother-in-law Hod to make a little money before heading off to Whiterun; Ralof’s sister Gurdur asked me to travel there to request aid from the Jarl. I’ll see where the divines take me from there.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version