Creative > Creations

Creative Writing

<< < (2/2)

BloodcatNS:
Something I made for the Original RP as a prologue to my characters. The more I wrote it, the more I realized that it couldn't be used as an actual prologue to the RP. Much less for the characters. It still provides sneak peeks to the characters I might use, though. So yeah... It could actually stand on its own.

(click to show/hide)   Rome was built in a day. This of course was a lie from the Romans; a simple myth. No one could truly build a city in one day. If one should wonder if this was indeed what more than half of its people believed in, could it be that the city lived under a myth? A lie? Alas, this was the case for the city of Lumina Mille. Like Rome, it was said to be built between approximately ten to fifteen years. The colossality of the underground dome city would make one doubt of that statement's validility. And thus, half of its population considered this a myth.

There is, perhaps, an even greater mystery and a possible myth surrounding this city. That a great figure of power and authority rules his domain with an iron fist and those who seek his city harm would face terrible judgement . "The Count" is what they call him. Those who believe of his existence say that he that he commands his city from the shadows. Those who call him a myth say that he is simply such and obviously a metaphorical figure of authority of the city. One could say, if one should think of it, that this city might have lived under a myth.

The bar doors creaked open and the small bells rang as a feminine figure walked inside. "You're quite early. It's still morning." said the bartender. There were eerie things about this bartender. And eerie features were not quite the things to overlook at, unless you are ignorant, which I will assume you are not; passive about these subjects, which I hope you will pay attention to at this time; or simply perhaps you do not care, in which case the feeling would be mutual as I will still elaborate upon these features even as you protest.

The very first of all, the bartender is blind. Or perhaps he is. His eyes are always closed, and for that, no one will really know what happened. What is the connection of his profession to his handicap, you may ask? Well, one must wonder how he juggles and tosses all of the bottles of wine, spirits and beer with an uncanny ability to predict where it would land quarter a second before it actually does even as he doesn't see it. Second was that he was one-armed. Now, in conjunction with the statement earlier, that would make the bartender even less of a human. Lastly, no common folk seems to know where he came from, who he actually is and what the real extent of his bartending skills are. Some know him as Edmond Xan Dumas. Regulars call him "Ed". Close customers call him "Xan", a name he prefers not to use.

"Don't worry, I won't ask for the usual." said the female as she walked and sat by the bar. "Just something to start the morning for." There was something eye-catching about this woman. Her breasts weren't large, no. Neither was she dressed quite scantily or even posed in a seductive manner, as you might have imagined. There was elegance to her. A respectable aura.

"Coffee for the bloodmaiden, then." Xan said. He walked inside the kitchen and grabbed a mug, a spoon and a knife. How he managed to get it with ease is a mystery even to me, so don't even question it. "Drops?" the bartender asked.

"Ten."
"I don't suppose you're trying to murder me?" He said as he cut the tip of his finger and let the blood drop in the mug.
"I wish I could."
"... Eve."

Xan poured hot water into the mug along with the coffee powder, mixing it until it adapted a dark brown color. Eve took a sip of her coffee, occasionally pausing and looking around the establishment. There was an awkward silence between the two, only breaking when Eve spoke half an hour later.

"You know..." she started. "...there's rumors about the two of us." The girl kept her eyes on the dark brown brew, her face straight and showed no hint of emotion but still very beautiful. "They say we're in a relationship. Or... were, rather." Xan shrugged. "Are we? Did we?" He sighed. "If you consider it a rumor, then I suppose it'll stay like that."

"Please, don't imply anything. I was just saying." Eve said.

"I know." Xan replied.

There was again awkward silece that filled the room. No new customers dropped by. It is after all, an early morning. Working hours don't start until two more hours. "So, how is she?" Xan asked.

Eve raised an eyebrow. "Depends on which female you were referring to."

"Ouch." He said. He quickly thought up of something to say. "Don't worry, m'lady. Your beauty would never be rivaled. Yours is always been, always will be the one I love and admire.~" He said rather dramatically. He even smiled goofily.

"Shut up." She was trying hard not to smirk, but she bit her lip which made it even more obvious.

"Anyway..." Xan said. "Anna. I kind of missed that 'lil girl. She always spices up the place, you know? 'Mr. Dumas, can I play the piano?', 'Mr. Dumas, can I drink this?', 'Mr. Dumas,can I drink that?', 'Mr. Dumas, if Halvard doesn't marry me, will you?'... kind of cute, if you ask me. So where is she?"

"She's outside the dome with Halvard, so don't worry. She likes it there. She sees things and feels things that keeps her occupied there." Eve said. Both them considered the fact that going out of the dome was already a crime if without reason. Though Anna was quite a special case.

"See? She can see?" Asked Xan. "... Oh right. Blurred vision."

"The only reason her vision is blurred is because her father thought that she has to be blind." Eve said. There was a hint of bitterness in her tone.

"I don't think you'd like the alternative either." Xan sighed. "I mean... she's twice as powerful. Maybe even more! If you put a child to a burden like that..."

"I know..." Eve sighed. She raised the mug, letting the blood and coffee drip into her mouth as she licked her lips. "You should have seen her face when she saw her father's face for the first time."

"Oh? When was that?" Xan asked.

"Not too long ago, actually." Eve said.

There was solemn, not awkward, silence right after. Xan cleaned Eve's mug while Eve sat by the bar, who knows what she's thinking. After a while, Eve stood up and opened the bar door. The bells rang as it did.

BloodcatNS:
I wrote this when I thought about someone I liked. Heck, loved even, maybe. I'm a bit conflicted. :P
But the fact that we have less then two months before graduation is kind of killing me.

(click to show/hide)I nodded as if I was listening to a good friend of mine. I wasn't. My mind were in other places. And every time somebody would try to strike a conversation with me, I would just smile and tilt my head downwards and up again. Who wouldn't have their minds in other places? After all, it's only just a few weeks before graduation; before we separate from each other, before we step into the next stage of our lives. I didn't want to leave this stage. Not now.

I took a sip from the four season drink and took a walk outside.That seemed to clear my mind, at least. The size of the crowd was beginning to make me sweat. I sighed and took a moment of silence, then leaned on the railings of the balcony. I liked it here. The moon was bright, the air was mildly cold and the place was really quiet.

"Hey!" And there goes the silence I cherished. I looked around to see who called me. I saw silhouttes of a number of people. Probably six to eight. I knew who they were. One of the figures waved at me. I smiled and waved back. Their features began to clear as I got closer.

"You are SUCH a loner." said one of the girls. I shrugged.

"I don't exactly have a date, do I?" I said. Or a girlfriend for that matter.

"Awwwwww~" one of the guys said. "loveless 'till the end, are we?"

"Unrequited." I joked. Honestly, I hope not.

"Don't worry, man. We'll find you a date."

"With these looks, it'd be too easy." I said.

"Cocky bastard." Then we laughed.

We talked about a lot of stuff. The colleges we'd be going to, the future we already planned, what life in our school felt like now and if we wanted to experience everything again... stuff like that. Then, music played. It was mellow, slow and relaxing. The lyrics were soft and sweet. Maybe even a little cheesy for my taste. Slowly, each of us left either to get inside or to ask someone out. We left one by one until there were the two of us sitting by the bench.

I looked at the person beside and realized who it was.

"I'm surprised no one asked you out yet." I said.

"Let them be. Some people are just too shy." She said. I shrugged.

"They just don't know how valuable some people are." I replied.

"Oh? And how valuable am I exactly?"

"Priceless."

She looked at me. The night shrouded her face like a veil, and so I couldn't tell by face what her expression has been. I realized how corny that was and managed to crack a smirk. She must have caught on to what I was thinking because I received a sharp slap on the shoulder for bursting out laughing after that.

"Argh! Whatever! I hate you!" her voice sounded like a whimper and laugh at the same time. I tried to hold my laughter this time, but she kept slapping my torso.

"Sorry! Sorry!" I begged as she kept hitting me. Needless to say, it calmed down after a while. The song switched, but the tone was more or less the same. I noticed she was looking at the room and so I offered her my hand. "May I, madamoiselle?" I said with a thick French accent. I really couldn't resist doing that. Still, she held the palm of my hand and stood up. We both went inside the room together.

Inside, we decided to get a drink and sit down for a while. We talked about ourselves, this time. Family life, fears, secrets, something like those. Some, I didn't even reveal. Not yet, anyway. It's kind of rare to have this kind of talk. When you open up to someone, it really shows how close you've become. I don't know if I could say the same for the both of us, but I hope it does. The last two songs. I offered my hand again. She initially refused, but finally gave in. I guess it does seem awkward after a while.

Both of us swayed by the slow guitar music being played. Honestly, I'm having the best and worst time of my life. Odd, don't you think? Best, because truth be told, I liked the girl for a year now. You could say it's an unrequited love for her. Worst, because there's guilt; a really big and heavy feeling of guilt as we sychronized our steps, as we held each other's hand, followed our gazes now and then. Guilt, because I know how tragic this would end. Guilt, because of the time I couldn't ever give to her. Guilt, because we already passed the point of no return where one or both of us would end up in tears.

Still, I want to tell her how I really felt. This is my only chance. I looked at her in the eyes, and she looked back. I breathed and sighed. "Is there something wrong? Are you sick?" She asked.

"No, I... I want to tell you something important..."

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version