Chat > Rants

Belgium Holiday considered racist!?!

<< < (2/7) > >>

Cupcake Fury:

--- Quote from: Mr.PowPow on October 24, 2013, 06:33:41 PM ---
--- Quote from: msg on October 24, 2013, 06:18:18 PM ---Welcome to modern society Jonez.

--- End quote ---
Pretty much, I remember when the nursery rhyme "Baa Baa Black Sheep" was banned just for having the word black in it. Some even changed it to Baa Baa Rainbow Sheep. Bloody ridiculous.

--- End quote ---
Wait seriously?

NekoJonez:

--- Quote from: msg on October 24, 2013, 06:36:47 PM ---I also heard in schools you couldn't call them blackboards anymore, it had to be chalkboards. God knows what banning the word black is actually going to achieve. Surely promoting black as equal is the way to go, not hiding it.

--- End quote ---
The funny thing is that there is an online tool for schools to communicate more easily called BlackBoard.

Yet, as Teacher in training, we are supposed to use more smartboards now. Since, according to research, children get color confused. Due to you writing on a green/black board with white/yellow chalk. Uhu.

--- Quote from: msg on October 24, 2013, 06:18:18 PM ---Welcome to modern society Jonez.

--- End quote ---
Retaredness A-HOY!

--- End quote ---
Pretty much, I remember when the nursery rhyme "Baa Baa Black Sheep" was banned just for having the word black in it. Some even changed it to Baa Baa Rainbow Sheep. Bloody ridiculous.

--- End quote ---
Well, we have in Belgium here something similar with an old children rhyme. In that rhyme there is a line where it says "daddy will hit you." when a child ruins the garden of somebody. Since this is consider violence towards children and illegal.... This rhyme isn't being said anymore.

--- Quote from: Cupcake Fury on October 24, 2013, 06:09:44 PM ---Huh never knew that was a thing, but yeah thats dumb of them to think its racist :l

--- End quote ---

We have a lot of petitions to fight against this shit.

dark 5FVD:
But it is racist. How can you say it isn't?

NekoJonez:

--- Quote from: dark 5FVD on October 24, 2013, 08:17:42 PM ---But it is racist. How can you say it isn't?

--- End quote ---
Tell me, what exactly is racist?

Mr.PowPow:

--- Quote from: Cupcake Fury on October 24, 2013, 06:59:43 PM ---

--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---
Wait seriously?

--- End quote ---
Yeah, the British public are pretty touchy about this stuff. I can't help but think it has less to do with equality and more to do with fear.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version