Chat > Rants

Nintendo Going Down the Drain?

<< < (2/7) > >>

NekoJonez:
I'll take a look into this rant rather soon. It's interesting.

There are some things I already can read which I heavily disagree with.

I'm a big Zelda fan, and I don't see it dying anytime soon. Reason is that the game's quality is a LOT higher then Mario's. Mario has just the tough luck of being pasted on nearly any possible new IP of Nintendo.

Also, about the 1080p... I have talked to some experienced YouTubers... There is barely NO difference in 720p and 1080p if your TV can't support it. And because Nintendo aims for FAMILY's and not gamers... Yeah, what's the benefit?

Also, Nintendo's amount of IP's may not be forgotten. Mario, Zelda, Animal Crossing, Pokémon... And their spin offs. But like it has been said, they need to bring back the old IP's.

Nintendo isn't going down the drain. Their sales and such are still rather high. Yet, what happened is that your interested just shifted away from them. Compare the milking of IP's with ANY other company.

Think about it, why stop an IP that actually works? Bethesa, the creators of Fall Out and Elder Scrolls milk that series out as well. At a lesser rate then Nintendo, true that, but remember it's a company. And making new IP's is always a big fanicial risk ya know?

Also, Mario's creator's age is coming to the point of quiting. He has been around for so long.

I think we need to take this with a grain of salt. :P

BloodcatNS:

--- Quote from: NekoJonez on November 25, 2013, 05:02:59 PM ---Think about it, why stop an IP that actually works? Bethesa, the creators of Fall Out and Elder Scrolls milk that series out as well. At a lesser rate then Nintendo, true that, but remember it's a company. And making new IP's is always a big fanicial risk ya know?

--- End quote ---
Fallout was made by Black Isle Studios. Not Bethseda. Bethseda just bought it from them. Before it was bought, Black Isle had their own version of FO3 called Van Buren. Discontinued because, well, you know...
Bethseda only contributes 2 games to the FO franchise: 3 and New Vegas. Frankly, not really much. EDIT: Actually, Obsidian entertainment made New Vegas.

Elderscrolls Daggerfall and Arena were BARELY what the TES are now. Morrowind is the actual game that worked for them and made TES famous for what it's famous for. Oblivion and Skyrim followed. Wouldn't consider it milking if it started at Morrowind. (Though technically, it is.)

senpai_FisT:
I think it's safe to say that Bethesda gave us the two last Fallout games since it's the publisher that owns the IP.

Swagmaster:
While one could make an argument for several series "milking" (Fallout, TES, ETC.) These series BARELY have releases, and when they do, it is very different every time. Mario, although it has many variants, is the same thing basically, and it is being released not once, not twice a year, but sometimes even more. There are probably more Mario games now on the 3DS then there was on the DS (I said probably, I'm not actually counting). Zelda too, it is the SAME exact thing. Only thing that really changes in Zelda is equipment and world, but it is practically the same thing. Don't get me wrong, I love the Zelda franchise as well, but I have not bought a Zelda game in forever, and last time I bought one, it was a remake. My reason for this is that I just don't personally find anything new and innovative in the franchise anymore

NekoJonez:
About Zelda, I highly object. How much Zelda games have you played?

Mario, yeah, that's being milked out. But not that much that you think.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version