Author Topic: 10 most influential games (series) in your life.  (Read 2829 times)

Offline NekoJonez

• Administrator
  • Attack: 104
    Defense: 100
    Attack Member
  • High Five Received: 21
  • Look, I'm on a Gameboy.
      • My gaming life.

Offline senpai_FisT

• Übermensch
  • Attack: 100
    Attack Member
  • High Five Received: 15
  • can'twakeup.png
      • Rock'n'RollFisto!
Re: 10 most influential games (series) in your life.
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2013, 06:45:27 PM »
Hmm, I feel like starting a blog too. Will help my writing skills at least. Anyway neato articulo Jonzo.

Offline Mr.PowPow

• Kerplunky-plunk
  • Attack: 95
    Defense: 97
    Attack Member
  • High Five Received: 1
  • It's a jungle out there! Do do do do do do do~
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2013, 06:47:13 PM »
I'll just list series since there are too many to chose singular games.

1. Final Fantasy
2. Pokemon
3. Metal Gear Solid
4. Portal
5. Disgaea
6. Shadow of the Colossus/Ico
7. Borderlands
8. Star Ocean
9. Age of Empires
10. Crash Bandicoot

Offline NekoJonez

• Administrator
    Attack Member
      • My gaming life.
« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2013, 07:03:09 PM »
Hmm, I feel like starting a blog too. Will help my writing skills at least. Anyway neato articulo Jonzo.
Thanks :). And I always get happy when I hear people where I motivated others to do something. 

Offline senpai_FisT

• Übermensch
    Attack Member
  • High Five Received: 15
  • can'twakeup.png
      • Rock'n'RollFisto!
« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2013, 07:09:42 PM »
And I've noticed...why don't you put your blog onto your signature?

Offline O:\msg

• Attack: 78
    Defense: 60
    Attack Member
  • High Five Received: 10
  • S'up?
« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2013, 07:11:44 PM »

1. Final Fantasy
2. Call of Duty
3. Grand theft auto
4. Gran Turismo
5. Championship Manager
6. Resident Evil
7. Tales of...
8. Knights of the old republic
9. Shin Megami Tensei
10. Dragon Quest

Offline PriomBlazer

• Arpegiator
    Attack Member
  • UwU
« Reply #6 on: May 29, 2013, 07:12:48 PM »
I think skyrim was the most influental game I've played recently

Heck it's pretty much one of the very few things that helped me survive 2012

Offline NekoJonez

• Administrator
    Attack Member
      • My gaming life.
« Reply #7 on: May 29, 2013, 07:14:47 PM »
And I've noticed...why don't you put your blog onto your signature?
I can do that, but it's the link in my profile.

Offline PriomBlazer

• Arpegiator
    Attack Member
  • UwU
« Reply #8 on: May 29, 2013, 07:31:35 PM »
I guess I can make a top 10 sadly most of the most influental games in my life remain unfinished:
10.Katawa Shoujo (unfinished:Lost game due to Ext.Harddrive getting busted)

9.Bomberman Gba something (can't remember name you have to search for Max in it)

8.Breath of Fire (Incomplete:played it on an emulator on a really old computer that is currently broken)

7.Dragon Age:Origins (Unfinished:Will finish when I get time)

6.Lufia and the ruins of Lore (Incomplete:played it on an emulator on a really old computer that is currently broken)

5.Final Fantasy 7

4.Bioshock Infinite (Unfinished: will finish when I get time)

3.Skyrim (Does this game even have a ending? I actually hope not)

2.Pokemon Yellow,Crystal and Ruby

1.Zelda:A link to the past (Unfinished: My life would be complete if I could actually find the childhood me once again and actually finish this game atleast once)

Offline BloodcatNS

• Supersonic Hyper Omega Gigadeath
    Attack Member
  • High Five Received: 0
  • That lovable ass with well pronounced buttocks
« Reply #9 on: June 04, 2013, 07:00:25 AM »
1. Crash Bandicoot 3: Warped <-- The very first game I picked up when I was 3 years old. I finished all the main levels, but couldn't beat bosses without my mom's help. Especially Cortex. Holy fuck, Cortex was so difficult back then. :|

2. Pokemon <-- I remember the times whenever I caught legendaries, I would scream in my house and jump up and down.

3. Syphon Filter <-- I didn't play this. My dad did when I was 3 or 5? I couldn't remember. After he was finished a part of a level, say with only one enemy left, he would give the controller to me. Then I would pick up Gabe's taser, shoot, then go like, "BURN MOTHERFUCKER BURN!". Then I would hold the square button as long as I could until the poor guy flamed and twitched. I would call the taser a "flashlight gun" back then. lol

Maybe I was violent because of this. :|

4. Megaman X <-- I never did finish X4-X7. I was always stuck at the last level or last boss for whatever reason it may be, then I'd decidedly put down my controller and say to myself that I squeezed enough enjoyment of the game. Shame. :\

5. Tenchu <-- Another violent game my dad played and both of us enjoyed for its goriness and stealth. Mostly stealth. loljk goriness. Back then, I would always wonder why my dad didn't choose Ayame, so when my dad went to work I chose her. When I was playing, I saw a samurai not too far ahead. I freaked out. I charged in, then pressed the square button repeatedly like I was never gonna live the next day. Please note, I was between 3-6 years old, and I was enjoying bloodily violent games like this. Anyway, after seeing Ayame's combo abilities were much more developed than Rikimaru's, I thought to myself that day, "HOLY HELL THIS GIRL IS AWESOME!"

In later installments, I would mostly use Rikimaru, though. I discovered much much later that he uses sheer force when attacking with his sword. It was helluva fun watching the screen shake in that last strike.

6. Metal Gear Solid series <-- My dad played this (see the pattern?) before I decided to try it for myself and finished the whole damn series starting from 2. Meanwhile, my dad finished 2 and 3, and I never managed to ask if he ever finished the first one yet. Seems like it, though. After maybe Peace Walker, I went to the Wikia site, where I was secluded for three days and three nights after which I became the MGS god of knowledge.

7. Megaman Battle Network 6: Cybeast Gregar <-- The first and last BN game I ever finished. Sure as hell enjoyed it, though. My friend and I would connect the link cable to our GBAs then challenged each other to see who would win.

8. Sims <-- First computer game I've ever played. There's not really a lot of memories on this one, though.

9. ACII <-- This introduced me to next-gen games. Needless to say, it was quite an experience. For me, this was the best installment of the Assassin's Creed series. Nothing, not even its sequels would compare.

10. Tomba 2 <-- This is when I started gaming on my own when I was a kid. No help, no nothing. Think of this game as a cross between TLoZ and a Metroidvania style of gameplay. Truth be told, I barely understood the story as a kid. Much less the quests to be done. I remember that one quest where I was supposed to break a particular vase. I was a bit guilty after the NPC freaked out about it. I reloaded and decided never to break that vase again. Hey, I was just a child. I didn't want to do anything bad to anyone. Anyway, I wasn't exactly sure how much I progressed, but it was probably near the half of the main story. I decided to put this game down after a while. Couldn't remember why exactly.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2013, 08:58:15 AM by BloodcatNS » »

Offline Kiss x Miz

• Administrator
  • Attack: 95
    Defense: 94
    Attack Member
  • High Five Received: 23
  • eh
      • Arpegi
« Reply #10 on: June 04, 2013, 12:17:23 PM »
In no particular order

1. Call of Duty 2 - Awesome game, the mods were lovely and I couldn't get tired of it. 2000 hours

2. Runescape - Used to be popular and addicting. 2500 hours (Usually sitting around and talking)

3. Command & Conquer series (the older ones) - Used to play these a lot when I was a kid. Age 5 to 11 or something. Taught me a lot about gaming. 2500-3500 hours

4. Minecraft - Because Minecraft.. you know. 800 hours

5. League of Legends - Extremely addicting. I have like 1700 recorded hours on xfire, and it's been quite a while since I stopped using that. 2500 hours

6. Shaiya - A simple MMORPG where it's not impossible to know everything about the game. 2000 hours (Usually sitting around and talking)

7. GTA San Andreas - The story kinda touched my feels and really dragged me into it. 500 hours

8. Midnight Club II - Playing tag with cars and motorcycles, awesome! Also hilarious bugs X). 1000 hours

9. Skyrim - Ah, open world RPG. Skyrim made me get to love it. 400 hours

10. Doom I & II - My first games when I was like 4-5 years old. Made me the insensitive pro gamer I am today. 1000 hours

15200 - 16200 hours spent just playing these 10 games :o I expected more. Maybe it is. Yeah... probably more

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal